Privacy of our email lists
Institute for America's Future considers your contact information to be private and confidential. We will NOT disclose it to any other entity – except our sister organization, the Campaign for America’s Future — unless you specifically authorize us.
We will not disclose your name and contact information except to send it—along with your own correspondence—to the people targeted in our action campaigns (e.g. elected officials, decision-makers, journalists, etc.).
We will email you with occasional updates and opportunities for action. We will do our best to respect your time and attention. You can remove yourself from our e-mail list at any time, and simple instructions on how to remove yourself will be included in any e-mail you receive.
Resale or disclosure of information to third parties
We do not share or otherwise disclose any personal information, including your name, address or email addresses with other organizations except for our sister organization, Campaign for America’s Future (“CAF”). Only Institute or Campaign for America’s Future staff and our authorized agents have access to personally identifiable information provided by visitors to our site.
Browser information collected on our website
As with any website operator, Institute for America’s Future analyzes our website logs to constantly improve the value of our website. We use an external service to provide real-time reporting to us and our authorized agents of browser accesses to our site. This reporting includes page views, unique views, unique visitors, repeat visitors, frequency of visits, and peak-volume traffic periods. We do not use this service to gather, request, record, require, collect or track any Internet users' personally identifiable information.
Personalization of Content
However, please note that if you reject some or all cookies, your experience at this and on other sites throughout the Internet may not be complete. In addition, if you do not allow cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of personalized content delivery offered by other Internet sites or by us.
We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving financial data from our site. In addition, we have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss or misuse of information at our site that we have collected from you.
Last updated: January 8, 2008
2. Purpose of the Website. Institute for America’s Future is a nonpartisan organization, with a mission to develop policy ideas, educational materials and outreach programs to help shape a progressive agenda primarily addressing the kitchen-table concerns faced by working families.
The purpose of the website is to assist in the above mission by promoting the work of Institute for America’s Future, leading discussion about news and proposed policies, and providing an online community for progressives to share ideas. The purpose of the website is not to advance the interests of any particular party or candidate for office.
3. Proprietary Rights, Re-Use Policy and Limits on Use. You acknowledge and agree that the information and materials presented on or through the site will remain the property of Institute for America’s Future and its licensors or providers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and related laws, rules and regulations. All articles and other text content have a “byline” indicating the author of that article or other content element. Any such text content authored by Campaign for America’s Future, Institute for America’s Future, or any staff member of either organization, may be freely reproduced, copied, and distributed solely for non-commercial purposes, provided that appropriate credit is given and, if the use is online, a line back to the IAF or CAF web site provided. All other text content remains the property of its author and may only be reproduced with permission.
Video and audio content labeled “produced by” IAF or CAF may be reproduced if used in its entirety solely for noncommercial purposes, with appropriate credit given to IAF or CAF and, if the use is online, a line back to the IAF or CAF web site provided. No derivative works may be created, and no component elements of audio or video site content may be extracted and used outside the work as a whole. All other audio or video content remains the property of its author and may only be reproduced with permission.
“Appropriate credit” means that you attribute the materials to IAF, credit a specific author when one is identified, and provide a link to the IAF home page or the specific URL where the material originated.
Photos, graphics and other images, and any other content not addressed above may be reproduced only with permission.
You may not make any editorial changes to articles or materials without first receiving express permission from Institute for America’s Future. This provision does not restrict excerpting portions of content in a manner that does not alter the editorial intent.
The trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names displayed on the site (collectively the "Marks") are the registered and unregistered trademarks of Institute for America’s Future, its licensors and suppliers, and others. All Marks on the site not owned by Institute for America’s Future are the property of their respective owners. The Marks owned by Institute for America’s Future, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service from any other organization or individual.
4. Information Provided By Third Parties. Some information made available on or through the site is provided by third parties, such as news services or other site users. The inclusion or appearance of any third-party content on the site does not indicate any approval or endorsement by Institute for America’s Future. Institute for America’s Future is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims any and all liability that may arise from Third-Party Content.
5. Links. The site provides links to other websites and resources. Because Institute for America’s Future has no control over these sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Institute for America’s Future does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Institute for America’s Future is providing these links to you only as a convenience. Institute for America’s Future has the right, but not the obligation to block links from or to the site at any time.
6. Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by Institute for America’s Future infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices must include:
- The name, address, and electronic signature of the complaining party
- The infringing materials and their Internet location
- Sufficient information to identify the copyrighted works.
- A statement by the owner that it has a good faith belief that there is no legal basis for the use of the materials complained of.
- A statement of the accuracy of the notice and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on the behalf of the owner.
Notices and counter-notices with respect to the site should be sent to:
Institute for America's Future
1825 K Street NW, Suite 400
Washington D.C. 20006
10. Disclaimers. THE SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE AND BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE SITE, AND ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS THEREOF. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IAF DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE.
11. Limitation of Liability. NEITHER INSTITUTE FOR AMERICA’S FUTURE NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR CONSULTANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE, ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP YOUR USE OF IT.