With children going hungry and working families without health coverage, what's a few extra billion dollars to prop up the AIG executives who caused this mess in the first place? The AIG scandal is no laughing matter. But sometimes, laughter is the best medicine.
My colleagues and I scanned the country for uncommon but comical economic indicators of the fallout from the AIG disaster (actually, we sat around in a conference room but you get the idea...).
So, without further ado, here are our TOP TEN SIGNS THAT AIG IS RUINING THE ECONOMY FOR EVERYONE:
10. Monopoly money currently trades for more than most Latin American currencies.
9. Rapper 50 Cent is now going by Nickel.
8. Anti-immigrant crazies have joined with the KKK to offer "two hates for the price of one".
7. Michelle Obama is donating her sleeves to recent business school grads.
6. Wal-Mart is outsourcing its union busting to Sri Lanka.
5. Instead of adopting another child from Africa, President Obama has asked Brad and Angelina to adopt Africa.
4. Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal's plan for the 2009 hurricane season is a really, really big umbrella.
3. Gay and lesbian activists no longer want marriage rights because weddings are too darn expensive.
2. Desperate Exxon Mobil and others are now digging for oil in your back pocket.
AND, the number one sign that AIG is ruining the economy for everyone...
1. CNBC's Jim Cramer says it's not really that bad.
Add yours to the list by posting a comment. And keep smiling --- things will get less and less funny from here out!
I don't know why, but I'm on twitter. Follow me! http://twitter.com/sallykohn